Friday, July 24, 2009

Welcome to My Weight Loss Progress

My name is Chubby Holmes. So what's this blog about? It's about my weight loss progress. I've struggled for years with emotional eating and making poor food decisions. For years my weight has gone up and down, but as of late, its been going up.

In 2009, I started racing downhill mountain bikes. But let be back track, before the race series, I weighed in at 185lbs. I basically let my self go and used the excuse of my weight gain because I was going to enter in the 200 Club (you have to be over 200lbs to enter the category). I did fairly well with racing, I won the championship. But my health suffered because of it.

Now in the summer of 2009, I'm at 205lbs. At one point I did get up to 214lbs...heavy, but I've been heavier in the past, 220lbs. Mind you I'm only 5'7" and that's on a good day.

So where am I going now? I'm hoping that I can consistantly document my weight loss progress, not to show off, but as a form of accountability.

Just last night, I was feeling really frustrated with myself. Things about my career, weight and etc really started to get me down. So I told my wife that I wanted to "reinvent myself." Not really sure which area of my life to go after first...since there's a long list. I decided to tackle on the most obvious area, and that's why we're here.

Anyhow, I'm no licensed what ever, so don't try and immitate my methods for weightloss, I'm merely sharing what works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment